Review: The Night Child

The Night Child The Night Child by Anna Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I cannot review this book properly without a spoiler flag.

A poignant read by an author who spent a decade working on this, her debut. Powerful stuff. I could hardly put it down. An excellent book club read. So many questions to explore.

Spoilers below the cut...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


This is a very poignant story about the terrible damage that child abuse and child sexual abuse can cause. Major trigger warning for those with a history of abuse, though the final moments of this book can only be described as uplifting. As someone who spent years doing work within the child welfare system, I can definitely state that the extreme reaction to the abuse shown in this book is not an exaggeration. Children do what they can to survive their experiences and while what is shown here is a rarer solution, compartmentalization can go this far.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts