Review: Diamond Fire

Diamond Fire Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This novella provides a transition in the Hidden Legacy series as Ilona Andrews shift their focus from Nevada Baylor to her sister, Catalina Baylor, as their protagonist. Catalina's powers, termed Siren powers at the end of Hidden Legacy #3, Wildfire have always been among the most fascinating in the Hidden Legacy world. This novella lets us see Catalina starting to come into her own, accepting her magical abilities and beginning to see that they are much more complex than originally thought. House Baylor is on its way to success, as it unites with House Rogan. But only after attempted poisonings, thefts, rapier fights, and some telekinetic wizardry.

All in all, a promising segue into Act 2 of the Hidden Legacy series. And can I just say thank goodness the artwork on this cover finally appears to capture the tone of the story and its heroine? (Previous covers of this series left me glad I read on Kindle.)

View all my reviews

Comments

  1. I love all the Ilona Andrews books, but the covers... the covers are atrocious! And it's a shame because I bet a lot of people are, as the saying goes, judging the books for their covers and... nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! Especially given how reserved Nevada is as a character, putting a bodice ripper image on the first couple of books was ludicrous!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but please also be polite. Spam posts will be deleted and the user blocked from future comments.

Popular Posts